HydraFacial’s can give you red carpet ready skin without the pain, recovery time, and expense of many other beauty treatments. If you’re planning to get a HydraFacial NYC treatment, you probably want to get the most out of the experience. Here are a few tips for preparing before your treatment and taking care of your skin afterwards:
Do Your Research
You can learn about the procedure from articles like this one. It may also be helpful to read blogs or search YouTube to hear about other peoples’ experiences. This will let you better know what to expect. Finally, the most important part of this step is to research for reputable, conveniently close HydraFacial NYC centers. Look for a place that hires experienced, licensed and certified aestheticians. They should also use FDA approved equipment.
Prepare Your Skin
The center where you’re getting this procedure done may have recommendations for a pre-treatment routine. Follow that carefully. Some other ways to get ready include:
- Get enough rest the day before. Sleep lowers skin-irritating cortisol levels.
- Drink plenty of water. This way, your skin will be well hydrated.
- Avoid harsh cleansers, exfoliants, and other skin care products that could damage your skin.
- Wear sunscreen. Sunburns cause wide-spread skin irritation and can interfere with your results.
- Don’t pick at blemishes. This opens wounds in your skin, and your HydraFacial will probably include extractions anyway.
During the Treatment
If you have any questions, feel free to bring them up during your consultation. Your aesthetician can answer your concerns and fine-tune the procedure for your skin goals. Once the HydraFacial starts, just lie back and relax. These treatments may be tailored to your skin’s specific needs but generally include cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration, and the use of skin-brightening and firming serums. HydraFacial’s can take half an hour to forty-five minutes. They shouldn’t be uncomfortable.
After the Treatment
Once you walk out, you’ll notice immediate results and no downtime. This is one of the big advantages of HydraFacial’s over other, more invasive or old-fashioned procedures. Your skin should look radiant, and you shouldn’t experience any major irritation. Are you ready to keep these results going?
- Follow the center’s skin care instructions carefully.
- Stick to gentle cleansers formulated for your skin type.
- Wear high SPF sunscreen. Use a mineral based formula if you’re sensitive to chemical sunscreens.
- Use a good moisturizer, especially at night, to maintain a fresh look to your skin.
- Stay hydrated and eat a balanced diet. This gives your body the building blocks it needs for HydraFacial’s boosted collagen production.
Finally, enjoy your radiant skin! HydraFacial’s last about a week. These treatments can also be repeated once the results wear off.